The purpose of this web site is to provide people with a perspective of the CHILD study and as a communications tool to keep the reader informed of the progress of the study.
By accessing any portion of the CHILD Website, the user agrees to the terms and conditions set out below.
- Use of the Site: CHILD or related website is a no fee service. The contents of the CHILD Website are provided for informational and educational purposes only. All information is provided on an "as is" basis without any warranties of any kind. CHILD makes no representations and disclaims all expressed and implied warranties and conditions of any kind, including without limitation, representations, warranties or conditions regarding accuracy, timeliness, completeness, non-infringement, merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose. CHILD assumes no responsibility to the user or any third party for the consequences of any errors or omissions. The subscriber to the CHILD Website expressly acknowledges that information contained on the site may be provided by independent clubs, associations and organizations and any such information and its content are not the responsibility of CHILD. CHILD assumes no liability for such content or information.
- Release of CHILD: You also agree to release and hold harmless CHILD from and against any and all liability, claims, damages, actions, and costs, arising out of or in connection with your use, review or reproduction of the CHILD Website.
- Limitation of Liability: CHILD shall not be liable to you and/or any third party for any damages of any kind arising out of or relating to the use of, or reliance upon, the CHILD Website including, but not limited to, any lost profits, lost opportunities, special, incidental, indirect, consequential or punitive damages, regardless of your advice to CHILD to the contrary.
- Advice: Neither CHILD nor any of its officers, directors, employees, or agents makes any recommendation regarding any educational, clinical or any other matter described within the CHILD Website.
- Reproduction of Contents: The contents, but not any logo or other visual representation, of the CHILD Website or related website may be used solely for non-commercial, personal or educational purposes provided that it is not modified and that you do not delete any copyrights and other legal or proprietary notices contained therein. Such information may not otherwise be used, reproduced, broadcast, published or re-disseminated without the prior written permission of CHILD.
- Links to other Sites: The CHILD Website may link users to sites not maintained by CHILD. CHILD cannot and does not warrant the accuracy, completeness, timeliness, non-infringement, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose of any information available through these links and disclaims any opinions expressed on such sites.
- Intellectual Property: The materials located on the CHILD Website are protected by copyright, trademark and other forms or proprietary rights and are owned or controlled by CHILD or any other party credited as the provider of the information.
- System Integrity: You may not use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the CHILD Website. You may not take any action, which imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on CHILD infrastructure.
- Governing Law: This agreement shall be construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario.
- Disclosures: The information in the CHILD Website or related website is offered by CHILD operating at 50 Charlton Avenue East, Hamilton, Ontario, L8N 4L8.
- Entire Agreement: This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and CHILD and supercedes all other agreements. No other representations or warranties are made, save for those contained within this Agreement.
- Termination of CHILD Website or Related Website: CHILD reserves the right to terminate or modify, in any manner, the CHILD Website, and/or any part of any related website any link or linking program at any time for any reason.
- Questions: Any questions pertaining to information on this web site should be directed to the administrative contact. Any questions pertaining to the functionality of the web site should be directed to the webmaster.
- The use of the data within this site for any poblication or grant proposal requires written consent of the Director of the CHILD.
The CHILD Study is an evolving project. When it was developed, a primary hypothesis was articulated and it remains a foundational constant for the research inquiry. The CHILD Study will continue to evolve as new theories emerge or as more evidence emerges to support other ideas. Therefore the content of this site will change accordingly.